Corsodyl Mouthwash - Original 300ml
Corsodyl Mouthwash - Original 300ml
- Treat and prevent gum disease (where gums may bleed when brushed)
- Promote gum healing after dental surgery or treatment
- Control mouth ulcers
- Maintain mouth hygiene
- Manage denture sore mouth and recurring oral thrush
You must be at leastAdults and children over 12.
16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use:
- Contains alcohol. If swallowed by a child seek medical help.
- Do not swallow and do not use more mouthwash than the label tells you to.
- Toothpastes can stop Corsodyl working. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl. You can also use the mouthwash at a different time of day.
- Use twice a day. Fill the cap to 10ml line. Rinse mouth thoroughly for 1 minute then spit out.
- Gum disease: A one month course (600ml) is recommended.
- Mouth ulcers & oral thrush: Continue to use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
- Denture sore mouth: Clean & soak your dentures in Corsodyl mouthwash for 15 minutes twice daily or as directed by your dentist.
- Dental Surgery: Rinse as directed by your dentist.
If your symptoms persist, see your dentist.
Hazards and Cautions
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other ingredients (see further information).
- In children under 12 years unless recommended by a dentist.
- Anywhere other than in your mouth. Wash thoroughly if you get any in your eyes or ears.
- Immediately after brushing your teeth. See usage instructions for more details.
Take special care with Corsodyl:
- Temporary staining of the teeth and tongue may occur. See Possible side effects for more information.
- Do not bleach fabrics that have been in contact with the mouthwash.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding:
You can use Corsodyl if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible side effects:
Corsodyl can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
- Stop using the mouthwash and seek immediate medical help if you get a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or have difficulty breathing. These effects may be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction which is very rare.
- Stop using the mouthwash and tell your dentist if you get irritation of the mouth, soreness or swelling of the inside of the cheeks. These effects should go away when treatment is stopped.
Other side effects that may occur:
- Temporary staining of the tongue. This disappears when treatment is stopped.
- Temporary staining of the teeth. This can normally be removed by brushing. You can avoid staining by not drinking tea, coffee or red wine - especially one hour after use, and by brushing daily with toothpaste (see usage instructions.) If staining continues it can be removed with a scale and polish from your dentist or hygienist. You can clean your dentures with denture cleaners.
- You may notice a change of taste or burning sensation when you first use the mouthwash. This usually goes away with continued use.
- If peeling of the skin inside the mouth occurs dilute Corsodyl with an equal amount of water.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. this includes any possible side effects not listed. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
If you do get any side effects, even those not mentioned above, tell your doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
Do not use after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack.
Store below 25ºC.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Corsodyl Original Mouthwash contains Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2% w/v.
Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Ponceau 4R (E124), Aniseed Flavouring Oil and Water, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate may cause skin reactions. Colour E124 may cause allergic reactions