Optibac - Pregnancy 30 Capsules
Optibac - Pregnancy
Prenatal supplement for pregnant women from conception through to birth. Also suitable and researched during breastfeeding and the 6 months+ post birth.
- Each serving contains 12 billion live cultures + 30 mg FOS fibres and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- Contains well researched friendly bacteria strains which have been trialled in hundreds of pregnant women
- All three strains are scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14® are also proven to reach the vaginal tract
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- Maternal supplementation of L. rhamnosus HN001 may have beneficial immune effects for both mother and baby
- L. rhamnosus HN001 has been shown to stimulate immunological responses
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- No refrigeration necessary when stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C
- Recommended for daily use
- Winner of Janey Loves Platinum Award 2020
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
How to use:
Food supplement suitable for pregnant women from conception through to birth and for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women post birth with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with breakfast.
- For those unable to swallow capsules, open and mix contents with a cool drink / food.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
- May be taken on an ongoing basis or as professionally directed.
- For best results use daily.
Morning sickness and/or nausea is a common symptom in pregnancy and therefore pregnant women often prefer taking supplements in the form of capsules. To make taking Pregnancy capsules as easy as possible, we recommend tilting the head forward to swallow the capsule. Details below:
- When swallowing tablets, it’s common to put the tablet in your mouth, drink some water and knock the head back to swallow it (i.e. look up before swallowing). Doing this uses the weight of the tablet to move it to the back of the throat and makes it easier to swallow successfully.
- With a capsule, however, this won’t work because of the air in the capsule. Instead, while the capsule and water are in the mouth, we recommend to look down before swallowing. This will buoy the capsule to the top of the water (back of the throat) and make it easier to swallow, particularly if morning sickness and/or nausea are a problem for the individual.
- For best results, do not remove desiccant sachet from the glass jar and close lid firmly after each use.
- Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001, Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14®, Bifidobacterium lactis HN019
- Corn starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS 30mg)
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate
- No dairy
- Gluten free
- Suitable in pregnancy
- Suitable for breastfeeding
- Soy free
- Yeast free
- GMO free
- Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
- No chemicals or parabens
Following the taxonomic updates advised by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, a reclassification has been proposed for the Lactobacillus rhamnosus species. The L. rhamnosus strain in Pregnancy may therefore now also be known as Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001.