Opticrom - Allergy Eye Drops 10ml (P)
Opticrom - Allergy Eye Drops
Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops are for the relief and treatment of allergic red, watery, itchy and puffy eyes caused by hay fever, house mites and other particles e.g. pet hairs.
Allergic eyes happen when allergens come into contact with sensitive eyes. When this happens, a number of chemicals are released from special cells in the covering of the eye making them itchy, red and watery.
The active ingredient, Sodium Cromoglycate, belongs to a class of medicines known as anti-inflammatory / anti-allergy agents
How to use:
How to use Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops:
- Wash your hands
- Use a mirror, this will help you to see what you are doing
- Carefully dry your eyes using a tissue and unscrew the cap from the bottle
- Pull your lower eyelid down gently, and then carefully place 1 or 2 drops inside your lower eyelid
- Close your eye and blink a few times to make sure your eye is covered by the liquid
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other eye, then recap the bottle securely
Use 1 to 2 drops in each eye four times a day, or as directed by your doctor. Mealtimes can help you remember, so apply the drops at breakfast-time, lunchtime, teatime and before you go to bed.
If your eyes get worse or are no better after 2 days of using the eye drops, see your doctor or pharmacist.
If you suffer from allergic eyes for more than three months of the year, see your doctor even if Opticrom Allergy eye drops soothe your eyes.
You should not use this product continuously for more than three months without talking to your doctor first.
If you forget to use a dose of Opticrom Allergy eye drops, take one as soon as you remember and then go on as before.
Do not keep the drops for more than four weeks after opening for the first time.
Avoid contamination of the contents by replacing the cap securely after use.
Always follow the instructions in your own product
Before you use Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops you must be sure that your irritated eyes are the result of allergy or have been previously diagnosed by your doctor to suffer from allergy.
You can be confident that you have allergic eyes if:
- Both eyes are affected
- You have a runny or blocked nose as well
- Your eyesight is not affected
You cannot be sure that you are suffering from allergic eyes and should go and see your doctor before you use these drops if:
- You have no nose symptoms
- Only one eye is affected
- Your sight is affected
Other cautions about using Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops:
- Do not use Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- As with all medicines, you should consult your doctor before using this product if you are, or think you may be, pregnant, or you are breastfeeding
- As with all products containing benzalkonium chloride, soft contact lenses should not be worn whilst using this product
- Like all eye drops a temporary blurring of vision can occur after application, wait until your vision is clear before driving or using machines
After using Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops: Some people find that their eyes sting or become irritated after using the drops. This should only last for a short time. If the stinging is severe or lasts for a long time, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you experience any other undesirable effects whilst using this medicine, please talk to your doctor or pharmacist
Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops contain the active ingredient: Sodium Cromoglycate BP 2.0 % w/v.
Also contains: benzalkonium chloride, disodium edetate, purified water