Laxido - Orange Powder Sachets Sugar Free 30 Pack
Laxido - Orange Powder Sachets Sugar-Free 30 Pack
Laxido Orange is a laxative and is used to treat constipation that has been present for a long time as well as faecal impaction. The main ingredient macrogol, works by absorbing water into the stool and increases the volume and water content of stools. This helps relieve constipation as the stools pass through the bowel more easily.
This medicine is available as a powder in a sachet that is dissolved in water before taking by mouth. You should only take this medicine on advice from a doctor. Both sugar-free and sugar-containing preparations of this medicine may be available.If you are taking this medicine to treat constipation, do not take it for more than two weeks. If you are treating faecal impaction, do not take it for more than three days. Consult your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after two weeks or if they get worse during treatment with this medicine.
How to use:
Constipation, 1-3 sachets daily in divided doses. For extended use, 1 or 2 sachets daily.
Impaction, 8 sachets daily within a 6 hr period for up to 3 days.
Reconstitute each sachet in 125ml water.
Children - under 12 years:
This medicine may not be suitable for everyone and some people must never have it. Check the leaflet that comes with your medicine to make sure that the medicine is suitable before having it.
Always get advice from a healthcare professional before taking this medicine if:
- you are allergic or sensitive to or have had a reaction to any of the ingredients in the medicine
- this medicine is for a child under 12 years of age
- you have inflammatory bowel problems such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease
- you have toxic megacolon
- you have ileus
- you have an obstruction of the stomach or small bowel
- you have a perforated gut
- you have heart and circulation problems
- you have glucose-galactose malabsorption
- you need to take laxatives daily
Macrogol (polyethylene glycol) 3350 13.125g, sod. chlor. 350.7mg, sod. bicarb. 178.5mg, pot. chlor. 46.6mg (on reconstitution: Na+65mmol/l, K+ 5.4mmol/l, Cl- 53mmol/l, HCO3- 17mmol/l